Are you ready to speed up the energy transition through hard work and a data-driven business mindset?
Company and Job description
The world needs more renewable energy, and Our New Energy (ONE) is committed to facilitating this transition. ONE is one of the leading energy transaction advisory firms on market parity renewables in Europe, and we have ambitious growth plans.
We assist developers and investors in renewable energy in navigating the rapidly evolving energy market. We do this by providing clear and competent transaction advisory services. We offer result-oriented and tangible real-life solutions – not merely power point presentations and ideas.
At Our New Energy, the client is in focus and know that they can always expect us to deliver excellent work, no matter what.
As we navigate through the renewable energy transition, our business is continuously evolving, and we need to stay at the forefront of innovation.
Hence, if you are looking for an ambitious and dynamic environment alongside experienced colleagues with a strong drive and a mission to make an impact, then Our New Energy might be the right place for you.
We are looking for a highly driven and business-oriented person to join our team and expand our reach even further. A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Power-to-X modeling: Support clients in modeling their Power-to-X ideas and turning them into viable business cases.
- Transaction Execution: Support (and in time lead) both the sourcing of power through PPAs to Power-to-X projects and the off-take contracts for the products (X’s).
- Origination Services: Assist the structuring of new products to propose to origination departments in trading houses/utilities and deliver on the related transaction. Build relations with the biggest companies in the energy sector.
- Business Support: Assist in client dialogs and prepare client and conference presentations ensuring a coherent and world class communication.
- Research and Analysis: Conduct research and analysis ensuring that we stay at the forefront of innovation.
- Company Ambassador: Participate and present at conferences across Europe and grow our geographical presence.
- Communications Support: Make sure that our accomplishments and ideas are communicated efficiently with the aim of generating further opportunities.
What We Look For
Above all we are looking for a colleague with the right personal match. We expect the successful candidate to have a strong quantitative background (technical and/or finance) as well as meaningful experience or contact with the energy markets and/or renewables’ industry across Europe. We expect you to be:
- Business and data driven: At ONE, we are entrepreneurs at heart, and we support decisions based on numbers. You must have a passion for seeing the results of your work and love the idea of leveraging data to determine what works and what does not.
- Resilient and precise: You are energetic, pay attention to detail, can work under pressure and persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done well. Client is king at ONE, no question asked. We do not count the hours but we make the hours count.
- Passionate about sustainability: You have the ambition to change the world and impacting the sector with your new ideas and concepts is an absolute thrill.
- Creative: You are inventive and a natural out-of-the-box thinker, coming up with all sorts of new concepts for your work, that help drive the green energy transition.
- Humble: You are eager to help and contribute to the team, at times sharing the ‘not so fun’ tasks. You are open to feedback and truly value others’ opinions.
What We Offer
- Impact: We have contributed to 4.5 billion Euros of new renewables investments reaching the market (in the last five years alone!).
- Top of the class team: You will be surrounded by an unparalleled level of talents and expertise in energy markets, all within the highly specialized sector of energy finance and sustainability business.
- Diverse workday: Boredom doesn’t happen here. In ever-changing renewables investment strategies, you will most likely never experience a monotonous day and you will never know what to expect from the energy market when you clock in.
- International reach: Expanding from our core markets in Europe, we are present all over the world so you will have the opportunity to work on very different markets. We expect you to be able to quickly adapt to negotiation habits from all over the world.
- Fun: Because work is a huge part of our days, it is essential that it is fun. That is why we celebrate our success with various social events.
Our New Energy is a modern workplace with a flat organizational structure. We have a main office at the Energy Transition House in downtown Aarhus (Denmark), the European capital of energy trading and renewables. We also have offices in Copenhagen, Madrid, Alicante, Milan, and Munich.
For questions about the position, please contact Jakob Bendixen, firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 3114 8408.
Cover letter, CV and transcripts should be addressed to Jakob Bendixen, and marked P2X transactions analyst on email@example.com. Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis as applications are received.